- Investigated serious torsional vibration problem with 8500 HP slip ring recovery drive. Conducted detailed torsional simulation studies, harmonic and vibration measurements.
- Conducted investigation into 3000 HP load commutated inverter (LCI) motor failure driving slow speed synchronous motor for a mining mill.
- Conceptual design, Engineering specification, selection and implementation of one 3500 HP, and two 1750 HP Medium Voltage ASD, motor and control house for exhaust fan application for the mining industry.
- Conducted field measurements and an investigation into 2×4000 HP GE DC drive flashover for a hoist application for a mining company.
- Conducted a feasibility study for selecting three 12000 HP Cycloconverters versus Load Commutated Inverter (LCI) drives for a production hoist application for the deepest mine in North America.
© 2021 RPM Engineering Ltd.